Selling On eBay: What You Should Know
Hoping to build your own small business? Today, millions of Americans are turning to eBay, where online selling is fast and simple when you're armed with time-tested strategies for success. Follow these simple best practices used by eBay's most successful sellers and watch your sales soar.
1. Register. You need to register and create an account before selling on eBay. Register by clicking the "register" link at the top of any eBay.com page. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. To begin selling, click the Sell link at the top of the page and follow the prompts.
2. Sign up for PayPal, an online payment service that enables any individual or business with an e-mail address to securely, easily and quickly send and receive payments online
3. Do your homework. Before listing an item on eBay, it's a good idea to research similar items that have already been sold successfully on the site. You can find great information on pricing, features and key descriptions that attract buyers.
4. List your item. Choose your title carefully, using keywords that will drive traffic to your listing. Also provide clear return policies, shipping policies and pricing.
5. Create buyer confidence. The more customer-friendly your policies, the more you will be able to convert potential buyers into customers. Offer policies that make it easy for buyers to purchase your items.
6. Price it right. Getting that first bid is critical, as other buyers are generally more likely to jump in if they see there are already bids on an item. Also available are fixed-price options, such as the "Buy-It-Now" feature.
7. Merchandise. Maximize your sales through effective merchandising. A savvy title, well-written description and clear photos can give your item the edge!
8. Shipping. Sellers who offer shipping via a trackable method will increase their success.
9. Pay attention to your feedback. Listen to the feedback you get from your buyers and announce any changes from what is said. This represents your online reputation and paying attention to what is said can result in a greater volume of sales.
ITG Internet Articles
ITG Internet Books